This is a general guide on how to set up your SPV as a lead, regardless of product choice or jurisdiction.
Following your Sales onboarding and handover to the venture team, you are now ready to complete the set-up stages on the dashboard.
We recommend you follow steps 1-3 on the dashboard, and then we jump on a call to cover any questions and discuss the next steps!
The first few steps are as follows:
1. Log into the deal dashboard and select the New Deal and complete the 3-step setup wizard below:
*Please note depending on your product choice the setup will vary. For example, if you are using our Nano container product as shown above you will be required to provide lead and deal partner information. However, if you are using one of our CTV fundraiser products this will not be required.
2. Submit the Investment and Constitution steps, and onboard the Lead and Carry Partners:
You should start by filling out the Investment and Constitution sections of the setup. The investment section will provide information for investors on the target. The Constitution section will determine how your SPV is organised and contribute towards the SPV legal documentation.
3. Once the 3 steps have been completed we will generate the SPV legal documents for signature and share for signature with the nominated Lead Partner or Sponsor.
The documents governing the SPV will vary depending on the SPV product you opt. For more information on the documents that govern your SPV please reach out to the team on intercom.
*This is a good time to check in with the Vauban team before you go on to sign the legal documentation*
4. Invite investors to the deal dashboard once all legal documentation has been signed
5. Investors log in (or create an account if they are new to the platform) and confirm how much they are going to invest
6. Investors sign an Admission Form binding them to the terms of the Trust Deed.
7. Investors complete and submit their KYC application (including personal information, ID, tax ID number)
8. Investors send their monies to the SPV's dedicated bank account
9. You supply the fundraising documents to Vauban, e.g. SAFE or Share Purchase Agreement and Vauban's authorised signatory will sign on behalf of the SPV.
10. When all the funds are received, Vauban will do a call back with you and then send the funds on to the company
11. Your investors will be notified that the investment is complete and the deal is closed